Wednesday, March 26, 2008

#21 Those Other Social Networking sites. . .

Social Networking is an amazing thing. I hunted around on WebJunction and was pleased to find this resource. I found an article on how some libraries have dealt with difficult patrons and ways to document the activities. I think the article will be very useful at the library I work at. It's great to have a place to share and have dialogue about issues with other libraries - Instead of what I have done in the past: Searching for articles and documentation via the web. Unfortunately, most libraries keep their documentation private, when it would be really helpful to share! One example is I have been working on creating a handbook for training student workers. I can find very little on the web,but at least in webjunction if I can't find information, I could ask for input.

I joined the 23 Things On a Stick Ning,but I have not fully set up my account yet.

As far as Social Networking for FUN. . . I joined www.craftster.org, which a networking site that individuals can post pictures of completed craft projects and communicate with other members. I also joined www.filmcrave.com because well. . .I'm a Movie Monster (and by the way, that's my member name on the site).

No comments: