Sunday, March 16, 2008

#14 Library Thing

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Library Thing or as I customized it "meganthing," has been the most exciting thing that I have done so far. (Maybe I have said that before with another thing, but this one is it!!!!) Currently, I have a notebook that I keep track of my recreational reading in (when I remembered to do it) The criteria:

Books I have completely read
Not including books I have read for any high school or college courses

Now I have somewhere to keep track of them! I often discuss books with people and am asked for some of my recommendations and I draw a blank. My head holds very little information for small amounts of time apparently when lists of anything are involved. Anyway, what a fabulous resource! The only bummer is you can add up to 200 books, then they ask for a paying membership, so I had to delete some and only keep books I highly recommended. My list went back to when I was about 15, so some I did leave off the list for embarrasment purposes but will list some here for humor:

Love Story (awful book)
X-Files fiction (great show, but extra stories not in episodes?)
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (I often claim not to have read any of his books but this was an early mistake)

I utilized my recent learning of tagging for Library Thing and included the following categories:

JFK (assassination research)
Food (great cookbooks)
Fiction
Classics
Health (Mental, Physical, and good for the mind)
Non-Fiction
Knit
Crochet
Sew (sewing lots of stuffs)

I included a random selection of my books on the left side of my blog a little further down.

Does anyone know if something like this exists for tracking or listing movies you have watched?

3 comments:

Mrs. Hermann said...

I like your blog! I've been doing the 23 Things too and your blog caught my eye because my brother also works in the Miller Center at SCSU! This is my blog if you want to check it out.

http://hermannshead.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Hermann said...

Thanks for the post on my blog. I checked out the website you recommended - cool!

Skip ahead in the Things to #21 and join the 23 Things Ning. I'm Janelle on that one if you want to "friend" me. Friend as a verb, ah, the digital age!

PatriciaP said...

Please read the frustrations of fellow blogger K's Schtick with regard to Library Thing and see if you can offer her any encouragement or suggestions, K?

Patricia-
CMLE