Sunday, March 23, 2008

#19 Podcasts

Yeah for Podcasts! Podcasts are something that I discovered this past summer and have really enjoyed a diverse selection of topics. I use iTunes because I have an account that I use with my iPod. Go to iTunes store, and click on Podcasts.

I have been attempting to learn Spanish, so I downloaded Coffee Break Spanish- for FREE!! Each session is about 15 minutes and teaches you a few phrases as you progress. The most fun is that the teachers featured in the Podcast are Scottish. It's interesting to hear their accents while teaching you a Spanish accent.

I have dabbled in the self-help section, yoga, book author interviews, and my personal favorite The Onion.

Mostly I download NPR Podcasts- they are so many, This American Life, All Things Considered, All Songs Considered, etc. It's nice to be able to access these programs even though my radio does not. I love to do some sewing and listen to NPR.

The great thing about iTunes Podcasts is you can subscribe to a certain Podcast like This American Life, and each time a new podcast is uploaded it will show up in your music library, you just have to click Get and you have it. I then download Podcasts to my iPod and take them everywhere I go!

1 comment:

PatriciaP said...

Wow, I just went to Mexico, and it never occured to me that I could download a podcast to learn Spanish. I was working with a little dictionary, wondering if I was truly saying the word correctly....so yesterday! Coffee Break Spanish, here I come....

Patricia-
CMLE