Saturday, March 22, 2008

#17 ELM Productivity Tools

I didn't know anything about this thing. Our library has access to EBSCO, etc. I just assumed access was for academic use, so its great to hear that everyone can use these tools.

I have used the databases when I was going to college and finding the full text resources was what I was after. Lately, I have used Ebsco, etc. to research topics about Electronic Reserves and for ideas concerning training student workers in libraries. It is a very helpful resource to have handy.

I was excited about NetLibrary. Our library has access to this, but I have never personally used the service, just helped patrons access it. So, I created an account and added a few books to my favorites. This is nice when you are researching a narrow topic and just want to take a look at a chapter or so without having to buy or checkout the entire book. The only negative thing is reading it on a computer, but I suppose I could snuggle up in my computer chair at home and give it a shot!

No comments: