Sunday, February 10, 2008

just bloggin'

I know I mentioned in an earlier blog that I have been developing student training, so let me go further. Our Circulation area employs between 40-50 student workers in any given semester. There are about 9 different positions that the student worker can fill. The challenge is training our new workers in the fall when, 1. they are brand new 2. overwhelmed with new classes 3. when the Circ Supervisors are busiest with their special work assignments.

I have been working on creating training especially for our desk workers because they need to adjust to the job quickly and learn the multitude of tasks they will be carrying out. (If anyone out there has ideas, please help ???)

Okay, my point. . . learning about all these new web tools has given me inspiration to knowledge to develop the training to be more interactive and to incorporate the online tools. To make learning about the Circulation area like a game I think is the ultimate goal for me now. It's fun to play games on the computer=I am learning about my job=Supervisor very happy!

Here are some ideas incorporating web 2.0 tools:

Create a blog for student workers to learn tutorials, and help have discussions about "what to do when at the Circ Desk."
Create a Flickr account to organize all the keepsake pictures of our student workers & activities we participate in during the year.

That's what I have so far and I'm sure it will be added to!

No comments: