Sunday, February 10, 2008

#7. Web 2.0 Communication Tools

I am taking a Blog prompt to start this entry:

Describe how your library uses email. Has it improved productivity?

In our library everyone uses email. I have found it immensely useful when tracking faculty requests for my position involving E-Reserves. It is easy to locate the original e-mail and how I replied in case a problem occurs.

My position entails that I work weekends (when no other staff is around) and evenings (when only one other co-worker is present). You may have guessed that I correspond with my other co-workers through lots and lots of email!! So much easier than leaving a co-worker with a note that they cannot read or will get lost, instead it is right on their email.

Besides email, the other communication tools are not highly uses, besides webinars for updates for Aleph. I set up a Twitter account and will try to get other co-workers to attempt this new technology.

I do know that our Reference team uses Meebo and it is a slick tool for answering reference questions.

No comments: