Wednesday, February 6, 2008

#4 Photosharing and Editing


I started a Flickr account and briefly explored Big Huge Labs site- that one is sweet. See my movie poster for a new Star Wars!!!

I have been experimenting more with Flickr and mash-ups on the web and they are FUN! I uploaded a bunch of photos to Flickr and would like to add an album to my blog that has library related pix in them.

By far my favorite mash-up is hairmixer.com. You can see they lovely photo of me to the left that makes me think hair extensions are in my future!

I think these mash-ups are a great way of incorporating some fun into library activities, I don't know exactly how to implement them in our academic library yet,but I have a feeling I will find a way. I do like Flickr for the simplicity in adding albums and it would be great for the student workers in the Circ area to have a site perhaps to highlight projects that they have created throughout the year!

No comments: