Sunday, February 3, 2008

# 2. What is Web 2.0 and Why Should I Care?

Why do I care?

I care because I don't want to see libraries disappear. Growing up, I was always reading. Now, as I grow older I am reading. When I was younger, I would scavenge yard sales, 2nd hand stores for library books, because my family moved so often they never bothered to get library cards in the cities we lived in. Now though, most of what I read I borry from libraries-Public and now Academic and through inter-library loan.

But, libraries can't just be about reading anymore. The world is so much more multi-faceted and younger people are much more focused on technological devices than previous generations. When I was reading John Blyberg's blog titled, "11 reasons why Library 2.0 exitsts. ." I was amazed when he mentioned that libraries have begun adding coffee shops. Wow! That's great! And I even have a good idea- the coffee drink names should be literary works or authors. Would you like a biscotti with your medium Jane Eyre breakfast tea?

No comments: