Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thing #40 Mashup the Web

I love love love mash-ups!

My favorite new "thing" is Pandora.com. If you are like me you have purchased countless cd's that you ended up not liking because there was no way to sample a certain group or genre of music. (This was before sound clips on amazon and the like). Anyway, I have a Neko Case and a Bob Dylan music stations so far, and am building them like crazy!!
It's a great way to find music that you haven't experienced but is similar to music that you already like. Yea yea yea!

I also very much enjoyed visualheadlines.com. It's a different way to experience news and since I'm more of a visual person anyway, this is great for me. I always look at the pictures when I open digg, cnn, or bbc. Now I can choose to read the news based on pictures, how great is that!

No comments: